The Credit Manager is responsible for reducing the accounts receivable aging balance and days outstanding. You will be responsible for overall management of TCF Canada’s credit processes, adjudications, and portfolio risk management. This will include all retail leasing and lending as well as revolving Dealer credit (inventory/rental/lease line/real estate and working capital facilities). Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing credit submissions and adjudicating same using TCF Canada’s existing scoring models.
- Manage direct report of credit analysts, training and mentoring same
- Review existing credit scoring policies, guidelines, and procedures in view of market credit conditions, industry/asset risk profiles and recommend changes as appropriate and required to manage portfolio risks to risk profiles as established by the executive management of TCF Canada.
- Regularly review of exposure/credit concentrations by obligor, industry and asset value risks
- Participate in monthly collections/arrears meetings to advise on recoveries and write-downs.
- Other credit and risk management related responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time. These assignments will include refinement and improvement of TCF Canada’s scoring model for material handling and transportation products and overall portfolio risk characteristics.
- Management of Collection Team including hiring, performance review, salary increases and development of team skills.
Education & Work Experience
The Credit Manager role requires a university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Credit Management role preferably from equipment leasing industry.
Competencies and Skills
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point