Field Service Technician (Mechanic)
Position Summary Our client, a leader in the material handling industry, is currently seeking a Road Service Technician to join their growing team. The main responsibilities of this position is to diagnoses problems, perform repairs and provide preventative service on material handling equipment on site at client locations within a defined territory.
- Performs repairs and services on various types of material handling equipment and its components including forklifts, stackers, electric carts, electric tow trucks, transporters.
- Performs preventive maintenance at prescribed intervals of time and repairs on various types of material handling equipment including forklifts, stackers, electric carts, electric tow trucks, transporters.
- Use of grinders, drill presses, air compressors, and common hand and power tools.
- Uses instruction manuals and wiring diagrams to diagnose components, and electrical wiring.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience
- High school completion or equivalent education proficiency and/or 3 year’s experience as an auto, forklift, heavy equipment or truck and coach mechanic OR certified auto or heavy equipment mechanic. Red Seal.
- A valid driver’s license and provincial propane license are required.
- CNG Licence preferred
- Power Lift Truck License (PLT) is preferred.
Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems of battery and engine powered material handling equipment
- Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic principles
- Knowledge of the use of hand tools and measuring devices
- Knowledge of the use of electrical/electronic diagnostic tools/measurements
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.