The Parts Associate assists with the day to day functions of the Parts department by filling parts orders for direct customers and Technicians. This position description is intended to capture the core responsibilities specific job tasks may vary slightly from branch to branch based on the organization structure and business needs of the area.
- Answers incoming calls for parts orders or questions
- Assist customers at the parts counter
- Identifies required part(s) needed by customer and process the order
- Ship parts orders to customers
- Receive incoming deliveries, inspect parts and enter in computer for inventory purposes
- Assist with reviewing TrinDocs for quotes to be prepared, parts to be billed and parts to be replenished in truck stock
- Assist with parts quotes as required
- Stocks Road Technician truck inventory
- Issues parts as requested by Technicians*
Qualifications Education & Work Experience Competencies and Skills
- High school completion or equivalent experience and up to 1 years’ work experience. General knowledge of standard material handling parts and accessories is an asset.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, process large volumes, work well under pressure
- Customer service oriented and a team player
- Maintain accurate records
- Establish cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Physical demands: Ability to lift 25 lbs – load/unload boxes and pack up parts.
- The Parts Associate mainly works in an office setting, with periods of extended sitting.