Senior Parts Associate
Oversee the running of the Parts Department to ensure customer satisfaction for both direct customers and Technicians.
- Inventory management of all parts ensuring appropriate minimum and maximum levels
- Maintain service van inventory levels
- Responsible for customer satisfaction with Parts department
- Manage dead stock levels and return to vendors
- Complete all parts warranty claims to various vendors
- Determines proper stock levels for branch based on Toyota JIT standards
- Obtains needed parts from local suppliers at lowest possible cost
- Identify required part(s) needed by customer and process the order
- Review TrinDocs for quotes to be prepared, parts to be billed out and parts to be replenished in truck stock
- Issues substitute parts as required, based on knowledge of interchangeability
- Review the parts on service work orders to ensure accuracy of customer billings
- Assist with the preparation of quotes for both the service dept. and CSS representatives as it relates to parts items
- Approval of parts account payable inputs to ensure we pay quoted prices for our purchases and any credit owed
Duties below may not apply to every branch
- Manage the shipping and receiving function for department
- Manage year end process as it pertains to the parts department
Supervise and train parts employees. This position description is intended to capture the core responsibilities specific job tasks may vary slightly from branch to branch based on the organization structure and business needs of the area.
Education & Work Experience Competencies and Skills
- High school completion or equivalent education proficiency and 1-2 years’ experience in a Parts department, purchasing or inventory management role. General knowledge of standard material handling parts and accessories is an asset.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, process large volumes, work well under pressure
- Customer service oriented and a team player
- Maintain accurate records
- Establish cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- The Senior Parts Associate mainly works in an office setting, with periods of extended sitting. Physical demands: Ability to lift 40 lbs – load/unload boxes and pack up parts.